Academy Values, Ethos and Vision
‘‘A caring place to develop roots to grow and wings to fly ’
Hatfield Woodhouse Primary School is a caring place to grow, create and explore. We offer a wide variety of opportunities for every-one to discover and unlock their potential to become confident life-long learners, developing aspirations and fulfilling dreams.
We are an inclusive, welcoming school, where learners build their confidence and trust. Within our family community we want learners to know that having the awareness that we learn from our mistakes is one of the biggest keys to success.
We believe our book-led curriculum, hinging on reading for purpose is the most effective way to engage children in learning.
We believe that high expectations of good behaviour and a positive attitude towards learning together, with emphasis placed on self-discipline, are essential, if the aims of the school are to be successfully achieved. The aims of the school are:-
- To provide a secure and happy atmosphere in which the children can learn effectively.
- To encourage in children a sense of responsibility and independence
- To provide high quality education for all our children
- To work hard to raise standards
- To create a sense of community and shared values and to develop a framework for citizenship, enabling all children to participate in a multi-cultural society in accordance with the school’s equal opportunities policy
- To encourage close links with parents and the community.
The aims are the cornerstones of the school’s ethos.
The school has devised in consultation with the pupils a set of golden rules, which all members of the school community are expected to follow. They apply both indoors and outdoors.