Q. How do I apply for a place in your school for my child?

A. For in year admissions you are welcome to visit the school and collect a transfer form which will then need to be signed by the child’s present head-teacher before being sent in to the Admissions Team at Doncaster Council: Tel: 01302 736000  or email  http://www.doncaster.gov.uk for further details. 

Q. What are the school day timings?

A. 8.45am - 3.30pm for FS2 to Yr 6 children, 9.00-12.00pm for Nursery children.

Q.  What do I do if my child is late to school?

A.  If your child is late for school, even by a few minutes, it is vital that you go to the School Office and log onto the InVentry system.  This is not just so that we can monitor punctuality, but is essential for fire safety and security.

Q. How do I report my child's absence from school?

A. Please telephone the school on 01302 840448 as soon as possible and on each day of your child’s absence from school; we have a dedicated answering service where you can leave a message.  It is very important that you let us know your child’s symptoms so that we can monitor any possible epidemics.  Please send a letter of explanation to school on your child's return.

Q. How much does school dinner money cost?

A. It's £2.30 per day - £11.50 per week.  All payments should be made on Parent Pay as we are a cash-less school.

Q.  How can I buy school uniform?

A. Uniform and school bags are purchased online direct from the supplier (www.sptuniforms.co.uk)

Q. Can I take my child out of school for a holiday during term time?

A. No.  No holiday will be authorised during term time unless it meets the exceptional circumstances specified by the DfE. Any absences (other than through illness) will be recorded as unauthorised and you may incur a fixed penalty fine and risk your child losing their place at our school. 

Q. How will I be informed if there is an enforced school closure?

A. We use the SchoolsCom app to contact all parents; please ensure you keep your account updated with current email addresses and contact numbers. You can also check our website for updates or the Doncaster Trax FM website. 

Q. What do I do if my child is prescribed medication?

A. Parents can arrange to come into school to administer medication to their own children if necessary. Only medicines prescribed by a doctor can be administered by the school.  Antibiotic doses that are administered 3 times a day should be given before and after school and at bedtime. If the medicine is required 4 times a day please ask in the office for staff to give any additional required dose.  For long term or ongoing medication, parents are asked to complete and sign a medication request form. Children with asthma keep their medication in their classroom. Other medication is kept in the school office, these are given by a First Aid trained member of staff. 

Q. How long before my child can return to school after an illness?

A. In the case of vomiting and diarrhoea your child should be well for 48 hours before they return to school.  If you are unsure please call us.

Q. What do I do if I need to see a teacher?

A. Teachers are normally available for brief enquiries after school -please only speak to teachers at the start of the school day if it is an urgent matter as this delays the start of learning for all the children in that class. If you need a longer appointment, please contact your child's teacher or the office staff, who will be happy to arrange this for you, or alternatively will arrange an appointment with the principal or vice principal if required.